Our client was on vacation from Ohio staying in a beach hotel located in Indian Shores, FL. While at the hotel, the client walked to a gated area separating the hotel property from the beach. As she approached the gate, she slipped in what was later determined to be algae covering the walkway on the hotel’s property. The client fell to the ground and fractured her left elbow, which required surgery to repair. The hotel admitted they were liable for allowing the algae to accumulate over time and creating a dangerous condition for guests using the walkway. We were able to settle the case for $150,000.00 without having to file a lawsuit.