BUSINESS FORMATION ATTORNEY
Are you considering starting a new company or expanding an existing commercial enterprise by creating a new entity? If so, you need an experienced, skilled and knowledgeable attorney to help you choose the best legal structure for your new business including in which state to form your entity and whether you need more than one entity. You want a lawyer who will carefully examine your business and its objectives, and recommend the structure that best protects your interests.
Our business formation attorneys are prepared to fulfill the needs of businesses in St. Petersburg and throughout Florida. We understand that the legal foundation of any successful business venture is the proper choice of entity, which can set up a business for success while protecting individuals against collateral damage when difficulties arise for their business.
OUR EXPERIENCED BUSINESS FORMATION ATTORNEYS CAN HELP YOU IN THE CREATION OF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF BUSINESS ENTITIES:
- Sole proprietorship: Unincorporated business with one owner or jointly owned by a married couple
- General partnership: Unincorporated business with two or more owners
- Limited partnership: Registered business composed of active, general partners and passive, limited partners
- Limited liability partnership: Partnership structure that shields partners from personal liability
- Limited liability limited partnership: Type of limited partnership with some liability protection for general partners
- Limited liability company: Registered business with limited liability for all members
- Professional limited liability company: LLC structure for professionals, such as doctors and accountants
- C-corporation: Incorporated business composed of shareholders, directors, and officers
- S-corporation: Incorporated business that is taxed as a pass-through entity
- Professional corporation: Corporate structure for professionals, such as doctors and accountants
- B-corporation: For-profit corporation that is certified for meeting social and environmental standards
- Nonprofit: Corporation formed primarily to benefit the public interest rather than earn a profit.
- Estate: Separate legal entity created to distribute an individual’s property after death
- Municipality: Corporate status given to a city or town
- Cooperative: Private organization owned and controlled by a group of individuals for their own benefit
- Business trust: A trust designed to operate a business
Our attorneys have well rounded, extensive experience in this area of law and possess the knowledge and resources to handle all issues related to corporate formation, including issues of taxation, liability, and financing. You can count on our experienced business transactions attorneys to make sure you understand the potential benefits and drawbacks to any entity choice so that you can make an informed decision about what is best for you and your business.
Our firm helps aspiring business owners to turn ideas into viable business opportunities. We accomplish this by seeking on-going relationships with our clients, advising clients on a variety of business formation issues, and routinely helping clients throughout the course of their business. The business formation attorneys at Battaglia, Ross, Dicus & McQuaid, P.A. often take preventive steps on our clients’ behalf to ensure their interests are fully protected.
Once we have helped you select the appropriate entity for your business, and in which state to form your new entity we assist you with your business’s formation. We have over 100 combined years experience in dealing with all aspects of incorporation, including drafting and reviewing documents involved in the organization and the structuring of your new business entity, which may include:
- Articles of incorporation (corporation)
- Articles of organization (limited liability company)
- Bylaws (corporation)
- Operating agreements (limited liability company)
- Employment agreements and policies
- Shareholder agreements
- Minutes and written actions
- Non-competition agreements
- Government forms if necessary (employer identification number, sales tax reporting, employees reporting, sub-chapter S election)
WE CAN HELP YOU WITH ALL LEGAL ASPECTS OF YOUR BUSINESS STARTUP:
- Entity selection – we can help you decide whether a corporation, partnership, LLC or other business structure would be the best for you based on your needs and business objectives and if more than one entity is recommended.
- Filing – we will help you through every step of the process of filing and registering your business with the Florida secretary of state’s office, Internal Revenue Service, Department of Revenue.
- Incorporating documents and procedures – we will help you with all aspects of the initial documentation including:
- Articles of incorporation
- Articles of organization
- Operating Agreement
- Shareholders Agreements
- Voting Agreements
- EIN number
- opening minutes
- your first organization meeting
- explanations to stockholders and LLC members
- filings with the secretary of state, internal revenue service, department of revenue
The St. Petersburg business lawyers of Battaglia, Ross, Dicus & McQuaid, P.A. advise Florida businesses of all types and sizes, from the entity formation of a start-up to dissolution, mergers, acquisitions and restructuring. We excel in the structuring transactions and drafting of contracts for all aspects of business and business formation, from purchase orders to complex multinational deal structures. We also focus on civil litigation to resolve business disputes to your satisfaction.
If you would like to learn more about the formation of your business then contact us today for a free initial consultation or call us at 727-381-2300.
BUSINESS AND CORPORATE TRANSACTIONS ATTORNEYS NEAR ME:
We are located in St. Petersburg and provide business and corporate transaction representation to the following areas and beyond:
Howard Ross and his staff were wonderful. I showed up for my appointment a day early and Howard cleared his schedule to accommodate me. He gave me all the information I needed not to be overwhelmed in the meeting I had the next day. I understood the law and my rights so that I could go forward without being intimidated. I appreciated the time he took to explain the finer points of employment law to me. If I need his services in the future I will not hesitate to call.
I was employed in Florida, not my home state and needed legal help. Luckily, I found Aubrey Dicus with Battaglia, Ross, Dicus & McQuaid, P.A. Aubrey returned my call in less than an hour and took the time to listen. Aubrey showed consideration, concern and care regarding my circumstances. He answered every question I had and he provided me with the ability to remove myself from a battle when I allowed him to do what he does best.
Caitlin Szematowicz is the best there is! Great team but Caitlin goes above and beyond!!