Table of Contents
What Is a No Win, No Fee Attorney?A ‘No Win, No Fee’ attorney is the term given to an attorney that only asks for payment from their clients upon a successful case outcome. Also known as a ‘contingency fee’, clients are not required to pay upfront costs. The payment almost always comes from a percentage of the settlement won. Here are the reasons why you should only work with a ‘no win, no fee’ injury attorney:
1. Anyone Can Afford Them, ImmediatelyLawyers are often too expensive for many people, but the doors open to everyone with a ‘no win, no fee injury attorney’. Whether you have a huge budget or no budget at all, it makes no difference – you will only pay, if you win – and it’ll come out of your settlement and not your own pocket. This also allows you to get instant access to legal assistance, which is great as time is of the essence in personal injury cases.
2. They Want the Maximum Result, For YouPut it this way: if you work with an injury attorney who asks for money upfront, then why do they care what size settlement you get? They’ve already been paid. But with a ‘no win, no fee’ injury attorney, they’re on the same page as you – when you succeed, they succeed. The bigger your settlement is, the bigger their payday is too. They are motivated by gaining the maximum possible settlement, which means you’re kept in the loop and have someone who genuinely cares.
3. You Get Honest Opinions‘No win, no fee’ attorneys you’ll get an honest opinion about the realistic chances of your case. These attorneys don’t want to waste time with cases that they can’t win. So, you won’t waste time with someone who is out for a quick cash grab. You’ll get honest legal advice about the chances of success and what to do next.
4. Compensation Covers All FeesThe compensation you receive from your successful case will cover your legal fees. So you don’t need to worry about whether you’ll be out of pocket to pay your attorney’s fees back. If your case is a success, it’ll be covered – so you can sit back and relax, knowing the professionals will get you a positive outcome and you can recover as best possible.
5. Suitable for All Injury ClaimsDue to the nature of personal injury claims, every type of injury claim is a perfect fit for contingency fee attorneys. Whether you’ve had a broken leg, brain injury, burn or any other injury, our award-winning team has the experience to win you a settlement.
6. Quicker Results‘No win, no fee’ injury attorneys are motivated to win your case as quickly as possible so they can move the case on and get to the next one. At the same time, as they need to get as large a settlement win for you as possible, they don’t rush. It’s about being efficient and thorough.
7. Increased CompensationContingency fee lawyers typically recover more money for their clients than those who take the case on alone, or with an upfront fee lawyer – even after attorney fees and expenses have been deducted.
How Do I Know If an Attorney Works on a ‘No Win, No Fee’ Basis?Not every personal injury attorney will offer a ‘No Win, No Fee’ basis. Look out for phrases on their website such as ‘No Fee Unless We Win’. They should also offer a free consultation. If not, you can always ask them upfront for their payment structure. Be very wary of any personal injury attorney who asks you to pay upfront or to pay for a consultation.
What To Consider When Choosing a Contingency Fee Personal Injury Lawyer?When choosing an attorney for your personal injury claim, you should consider:
- The level of experience of the lawyer
- Whether they are part of a respected and long-standing law firm
- Their resources and budget
- The likelihood of a successful case, based on the firm’s previous case experience.
- Whether the fee is fair
- How they treat you and communicate during your initial consultation