Partner Caitlin Szematowicz of Battaglia, Ross, Dicus & McQuaid, P.A. was recently sworn in as the Executive Director of the Barney Masterson American Inn of Court for the 2020-2021 year. This is Caitlin’s fourth year serving on the Executive Committee of the Barney Masterson American Inn of Court. The Inn serves the Florida’s Sixth Judicial Circuit, Second District Court of Appeals, and United States District Court Middle District of Florida (Tampa Division). American Inns of Court are an association of lawyers, judges, and legal professionals who share a passion for professional excellence. Inn members provide mentoring opportunities, discuss professionalism, and advance integrity, ethics and civility.
The Barney Masterson American Inn of Court previously awarded Caitlin the Barney Masterson American Inn of Court’s Thomas E. Penick, Jr. “The Rock” Award in 2014. “The Rock” award is an award awarded by the Inn of Court which is given to a lawyer with less than five years of practice who has provided exceptional service to the community.
St. Petersburg Bar Foundation’s Board of Trustees
Partner Caitlin Szematowicz also recently completed a six-year term on the St. Petersburg Bar Foundation’s Board of Trustees. The St. Petersburg Bar Foundation is an independent non-profit organization committed to improving the administration of justice.
The Foundation funds projects which:
- foster programs of law-related education
- encourage and promote legal assistance to the poor
- support and promote programs and projects having as their purpose the improvement of the administration of justice and the dissemination of information to the general public so as to promote a better understanding of the judicial system
- award grants for scholarships and fellowships for persons and purposes related to the improvement of the legal profession
- support continuing education programs, and
- support the creation of a legal information center for the general public.
During Caitlin’s tenure with the St. Petersburg Bar Foundation, she served as President, Immediate Past President, President-Elect, and Treasurer. She also chaired numerous events for the Foundation. These events include the Pillars of Justice event, Oktoberfest event, and Celebration of our Foundation event, among others. She also participated in the St. Petersburg Bar Association and Foundation’s Annual Law Day Event for several years. She has served on the Foundation’s annual Professionalism CLE committee for several years and continues to serve on the Foundation’s annual Professionalism CLE committee.
Congratulations to Partner Caitlin Szematowicz
Caitlin has been with Battaglia, Ross, Dicus & McQuaid, P.A. for eight years, and she is dedicated to community service. Congratulations to Partner Caitlin Szematowicz on these accomplishments!